ER Planning is the nation's most experienced firm in the field of litter-related surveys and studies examining and documenting the impacts of litter and illegal dumping on our nation's communities. The in-depth experience of our veteran staff and our commitment to our clients form the foundation for developing and implementing successful projects.
For information about how our firm can be of service to you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (240) 631-6532.
We are a certified Maryland Small Business.
• Our staff made multiple trips to Honolulu in 2015 as part of an extensive study that focused on identifying and quantifying specific sources of litter and marine debris in Oahu.
• ER Planning Senior Consultant, Kristian Ferguson, was a featured speaker at Keep America Beautiful's 2015 National Conference in Washington, D.C.
• Our firm recently completed a comprehensive survey of the Anacostia Watershed that analyzed litter along roadway and stormwater-related sites. Anacostia Watershed Society, MW-COG and former Ocean Conservancy staff all participated in this landmark study.
• We were invited to be advisors for Florida's new litter abatement program.
• Our litter-related work was featured in the January 24, 2014 issue of Time Magazine.
"Steve consistently goes beyond expectations to bring innovative ideas to his work, and heapproaches projects as challenges to solve, not just tasks to complete."
Steven Stein, Principal of ER Planning, is an environmental scientist whose family roots in the recycling industry date back more than 100 years. He began apprenticing with his father at the age of 16 and developed a deep knowledge and understanding of the issues and problems faced by industry and governmental entities responsible for environmental issues.
Mr. Stein earned his B. Sci., cum laude, in Environmental Studies with concentrations in Environmental Law and Waste Management at a joint program with Syracuse University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, NY. He also received his M. Sci. in Resource Management there, studying under two forest economists and was awarded New York SWANA's Annual Scholarship Award for his research in the relationship between macroeconomics, public policy and sustainable recycling in the U.S. His Ph.D. coursework there focused on the underlying causes of littering and pollution.
Mr. Stein has taught Environmental Scienceand Ethics in Managementat the university level and was invited, as a subject matter expert on environmental issues and community dynamics, to participate in a study commissioned by the President.
"Steve is a top-notch researcher, author and manager in the environmental arena."